I would create a PLN prior to engaging with a social media campaign by interacting with others on their social media and opening a conversation of our opinions and ideas. From there, I would utilize Instagram for being the primary platform where I would spread awareness of current events because I am the most active on there than compared to other platforms. In the past and presently I have been using my voice to spread information about the protest in India happening regarding the farmers and the Black Live Matter Movement. Even if one person that follows me can learn something new or their attention is brought to a matter that they didn’t even know was happening is sufficient enough for me to feel like I am using my voice to spread awareness of topics that are important. Bianca Woods explained that these types of conversations are essential because it can result in new ideas being sparked from others – which can be a result from a post on social media.

Woods, Bianca. “Building your own PLN: seeking new insights and ideas? Expand your personal learning network.” T+D, vol. 67, no. 11, Nov. 2013, p. 70+. Gale OneFile: Business, link.gale.com/apps/doc/A348998538/ITBC?u=uvictoria&sid=ITBC&xid=1010abdf.